What Can Affect My Broadband Speed?
Modified on: Thu, 11 Feb, 2021 at 11:03 AM
There are many variables that can affect your network connection speed. Some examples are:
- Connection type: Wi-Fi or ethernet cable
- Wi-Fi connection: Position of router, wireless interference, type of router, and/or the Wi-Fi band connection be it 2.4GHz or 5GHz
- Number of devices connected to the signal within the premises
- Current internet usage within the household
- Network congestion or traffic from the provider's side
- Fault from the provider
- Weather: If you have satellite broadband, the weather could affect your connection
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.